Monday, November 30, 2015

Holidays.

Hi, world! We are still recovering from our gobble til you wobble Thanksgiving feast(s). Hope you all had marvelous meals and memorable moments with all your favorite people! Our day started bright and early with taking part in our local Turkey Day Run, it was f-ree-zing!!! The hubs and I bundled the small guys, I mean like really bundled them and kept them toasty in a bike trailer that doubles as a stroller. We didn't want them to miss out any so they got to race too, in luxury and with all the warmth they needed! Haha, those cuties were little Michelin men! We had such a terrific time we have decided to make it one of our Johnson family traditions every year. :) 
Where we are we had no snow but downtown where the race was held there was some small patches of it here and there that the boys were ecstatic over! 
It was an absolutely gorgeous morning, we were willing to weather the cold! 
On the way home we made a coffee/hot chocolate stop to warm us some and had plenty of time to relax before the next  festivity. 
I managed to give all three of my guys a haircut, everyone showered and we even got a nap in! And by we I mean them and not me. I wanted to make sure I actually had time to get ready for the day! 
Sweetest littles in the whole wide world. Our "first course", so to speak, is always at my in-laws where we tell ourselves we won't over do it since we have a second meal with my family BUT to no avail we eat until we can't eat any more! Everything is just that delicious! The kids play, nothing better than wild cousin time. Football is watched and coffee is had. And more treats to be eaten all the while. :) Blessed and thankful to have married into the family I did! 
From there we were only able to swing home to pick up bags(we stayed with my fam while the hubs went hunting) and off we went to our second dinner! It was at one of my aunts house and the food there sure wasn't a disappointment either!! The only thing I'm bummed about is I had VERY LITTLE room left for dessert! Linc on the other hand, cleaned his pumpkin pie plate! 
We truly are surrounded with amazing family, and had a wonderfully special day! 
The boys enjoying the weekend with their great uncle! 
This year we were so antsy to get our Christmas tree up and decorations out, we made a Home Depot visit a couple days before turkey day to pick one out! This season is the best and we love every minute of it. I thoroughly enjoy getting it all set up early so we can relish every bit of the fa-la-las and such! 
A few years ago Ryder and I made small Santa ornaments out of salt dough of his handprints, some of my favorite that go on our tree still! I figured this year would be the perfect time to have another go at it and make some more but with both my sons! They loved it! We not only made Santa, we made penguins and snowmen out of their footprints too! Seriously cute! 
Haha, my work space! With the leftover dough I had left I even made some awesome Idaho ornaments!! They turned out so cool! 
From our house to yours, Happy Holiday decorating! 
Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment