Friday, December 5, 2014

teriyaki and coffee

Weird combo? Nah, match made in heaven! Yesterday was a super long day in these parts. Two appointments, met up with family for lunch and shopping and the husb had to work late! We were pretty much away from our house all day and we were feelin it. My awesome in-laws kept the kiddies for a few hours last night while my sweetie and I grabbed some din din and crossed a few Christmas gifts off the list! We enjoyed some great teriyaki(his fave) and I got a coffee(my fave) and really just had a blessed time spending quality time together. We are often told we "need" to go on dates regularly, "get away" from the kids for a bit but you know what? Nobody and no book knows your own relationship like you and your spouse! Our days are filled with the norm, nights of Wheel of Fortune and playing with our beautiful babies. Every day I thoroughly enjoy his company and have the most fun with him and all his silly antics. He truly is my very best friend! I love that we are always on the same page whether it's with raising our boys or decorating our home. We sure aren't perfect but have learned and continually find out that communication is vital! Go figure right?! Even when we opt to not have a date night and GASP have family nights, I fall more in love with the man I once never knew. I love that we also know when it would be special and nice to have dinner without having to scarf down food and chase little legs before they get away!
So whether you have the time, or the money or you don't or you just simply want to spend time with the one who makes your heart flutter..
A date is all in how you make one happen. Had so much fun hand holding and talking even with the rain sprinkling out, I love you Mr. Johnson!
May your weekender be filled with loads of fun! 
Love. 

2 comments: