Thursday, July 30, 2015

Attitude of Gratitude

Well, hi! Let me tell you, I get determined all the time to be more consistent with my writing and well it doesn't always work out that way. I sure am trying though!!  
We've had our share of lounge days this summer but for us this hot season is always an adventure! A couple of weeks ago we made a quick weekend trip to the Portland area along with visiting the coast!
 Our days are usually jam packed with activities which we love and plenty of time to relax and hang out with family at night. One of my closet cousin friends and her husband are expecting a sweet baby boy in September and I was lucky to be able to make it to her shower her awesome church family threw!
She and I were like peanut butter and jelly growing up and I am beyond excited getting to be a part of their parenthood journey. I truly can't wait to see my boys and their guy get to be the best of pals and cousin friends just as we were and are!! Another tiny one to love and snuggle!! As quick as our trip was the weekend was enjoyable and not at all rushed. 


Ryder and Linc are so adaptable and really are just troopers even when they get tired. Parenting is full of new learning experiences and present PLENTY of opportunities to practice patience. Some of those "ops" we fail miserably, might want to scream a little but overall I just am gonna take a moment to praise my precious boys. They have gotten so many compliments, Ryder mostly, Linc is still pretty young, about how polite they are. At times I feel as though I'm always urging them to use manners, "what do you say"? Feeling like a nagging mama, but personally I feel like today being respectful has just gotten lost. So when darling old ladies appreciate little guys being gentlemen that warms my heart and makes tough parenting days extremely worthwhile!! 
Anything in particular you and your family/kids are working on? How do you show them you're proud of them? I'd enjoy hearing what works best for encouraging your loved ones! 

Thanks for taking a time out to catch up, I'm gonna go watch my littles "lead worship"!
(In concert at his grandparents the other day)
Ryder has a makeshift stage, they get out their "b-tars" and sing their hearts out.
 So moving and amazing to encounter!! Thank you, Jesus! Have a fantastic rest of your Thursday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment