Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Oh Please Don't Go, We'll Eat You Up..We Love You So

It's cold out today, windy. November came and Fall decided it may as well act like it! Had a freebie waiting for me so I indulged in a hot white mocha after I played karate mom. So "ha-yah" to the brisk day! And welcome red cup season. :)
Just posted some pictures of my sister's baby shower I threw this past Sunday and though I'm glad it's over now, there were lots of highlights and I had so much fun putting it together! She came up with Where the Wild Things Are for a theme and I gladly went with it! Little did I know she had never actually read the book just watched the movie. I was appalled! You know being the nerdo, book obsessed geek I am. Hey, no shame in book fairs being one of my favorite things back when I was in school! None. :) With that said, I HAD to order the book so she knew how neat the theme truly was. And how long it's been since it was written. 50 years! Also, I figured it would be fun to use that as her guestbook as well as a treasured gift for my sweet nephew to have as his own! 
I chose to host it at the same quaint coffee shop I always have parties for a couple of reasons. One, it's spacious and cozy. Two, decor is already perfectly charming, simple and just the style that I love. Again, I don't care to decorate with the animated characters all over instead I went with a neutral and woodsy palette. I opted for a few fun banners which were so easy to put together, most in which I had stuff on hand already.
Checked around on Pinterest and got ideas for these candy rock favors and since apples are in abundance chose to make caramel apples too! My suggestion is find what you like on Etsy or other sites and totally DIY! That's my favorite and what I did here.Thanks to my awesome cousin for the rock candy!
The idea of crowns was a must for me so  of course we had a station that guests could crown themselves. Also, made just a few fresh flower crowns for the mama to be and my other sisters. They turned out so pretty and I'll be making those again sometime! 
Played a few simple and typical games, gave out prizes and had a diaper raffle! 
Happy it was a success and she was blessed by everyone who helped her celebrate! Now just about a month or so and I get to meet my tiny nephew!! 
Next up is my wonderful hubs birthday!!! 
Can't wait!
love!  

No comments:

Post a Comment