Thursday, February 23, 2017

the love boat

New year, February winding down and still the same sporadic posts coming your way, lol! I made the horrid mistake of deleting the blogger app I had on my phone and of course it's no longer available. WHICH has made my writing more challenging since now the easiest way to post is on my desktop and well that's NOT mobile.
For us, this winter has seemed to have dragged on especially January, nothing but snow! SO happy to report though that we have seen more sunny days, blue skies and patches of green grass as of late. That alone has made this month of love pretty darn uplifting! With small signs of spring it sure has boosted everyone's mood. Now that school is back in session and in full force, our boy is learning new things, having a great time with friends and is getting to experience all the fun things being a kindergartener has to offer. Included in that was his very first Valentine's party, we had so much fun finding cards and filling them out. And of course he loved all the treats and cards he received back. It's so easy to want to go all out in search of the perfect ones to hand out and even more so when you're a parent and finding cool stuff for your kids. This year though, Walmart had the cutest ones to choose from and the best part? They were only 1.88 for a box of ten! They were too adorable and too good of a deal that I even got my husband a burger and fries set to take to co-workers!
All in all they had a wonderfully fun day and had lots of remnants to show for it!
Of course we had to get some paint worked in and gave out our own version of love!
I didn't want to accumulate more sweets and toys for my boys so instead of a typical valentine I opted for homemade. They are literal koalas and love to be snuggled up close, sniffing me. Sooo, I cut up an old shirt of mine and hand sewed little heart pillows for them to carry around. I always have so much fun whipping together something small even if it doesn't turn out perfect.
Just like this darling tooth pillow I threw together last month for the safe keeping of Bubba's bottom tooth that his Nana so graciously pulled out for him!
My main guy and I decided to keep things simple this lovers day and had a nice low key dinner at Chipotle away from the masses at main restaurants. It couldn't have been a better choice and to make it even more fun we fit in a couple games of bowling too! Oh and icing on the cake? $2 Tuesdays so our entire date night was about $20! Can't be beaten. As our boys get older it's a little easier to have longer nights out. Definitely not overnighter type of parents..at least not yet but small time outs with my Sweets are the best! Also, did any fanatics of the Office notice our screen names? Courtesy of LDJ and it was probably the cutest thing ever. We are junkies of the show and quotes or inside jokes are a common theme for us. That's true love right?!
Hope all of you are having a delightful month so far. If it's been just a tad bit blah, Trolls is now out on video! Lol, it's been on repeat in this house since it was released. I guess, you just can't stop the feeling!
Ta-ta for now and Happy Thursday!

-Pam

2 comments: