Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Who you be?

It's Wednesday. Gloomy out from an earlier windstorm and it definitely is a laid back and lounge kind of day! Trying to do laundry and pick up, but you know how that goes with little hands unfolding what you just folded and taking toys out you just put away. Real fun and productive. ;) It's easy to have those moments of why bother? Easy to feel slightly discouraged. Easy to look in the mirror and think.. maybe I should at least put on some mascara. :) There are many things to complain about or get frustrated at. Believe me, I am guilty of being less than enthusiastic with things. I have been down on myself for feeling and looking frumpy. I've lost all my baby weight but you know that lovely, carried two babies tummy? Yep, got it. And then down on myself some more for telling myself I'm going to work out and get that sucker flat again but who am I kidding? I've got tiny guys to chase, mouths to feed and just STUFF to do!
That's just it though. It's only stuff. I am so blessed. I have a wonderful life. A sweet husband, the most precious baby boys and we serve a God who SO faithful, loving and gracious!
 Psalm 139:14 says, I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
Wow! Fearfully and wonderfully made. It's worth it to grab a hold of HIS word and who he says you are. I know who I am. I can be a stinker, stubborn for sure. I also know though that I am a confident, carefree, bold and silly woman! I love to laugh and I love my family. I am creative and full of ideas and have a heart to know him better. All of us are far from perfect but let's strive to own who we are! The good, the bad and the ugly. :) Thankfulness is where it's at, God made you YOU for a purpose!
Instead of letting gloomy weather run the show, I'm gonna take the opportunity to make it a cozy one. Warm drink, watching my two blessings play and grow! Have a beautiful day everyone!
Love.

4 comments: