Monday, October 24, 2016

To trend or not to trend...

..that is the question. Though summer and fall go head to head when it comes to my favorite season, autumn without a doubt wins for my fave to dress for. Who wouldn't want to be just as comfortable as wearing pjs yet be cute and presentable in oversized sweaters and leggings?! High fives all around for those that may have just raised their hands. :)
We all know that styles come and go just as quickly as the weather changes. Good or bad, someway or another they typically make another appearance somewhere down the road. I remember in seventh grade I went through this phase where I wanted to wear vintage everything. My uncle is known for his thrifting and ALWAYS has mounds of clothing to sift through. Even then that's where I found some of my staple middle school pieces. A few of my go to pieces were sweaters and flared jeans-ok bell bottoms if you will. I'm sure I probably didn't look as cool as I felt but that's the whole point I think is dress how you feel comfortable. If it's "in" great, if not, even better. Jumping around Pinterest these days I've come across some looks that bring back that seventies look that really kind of calls my name!




Not too shabby! Pair them with some cute clogs, told ya I love them..and voila! Too cute!
A couple trends I just can't get on board with however is anything velvet(clothing wise) or statement chokers. Uh-no. The thought of velvet material gives me the heebie jeebies. There's nothing soft or cuddly about it all I think of is nails on chalkboard, I'll pass thanks. Over the top statement jewelry might work for some but for me, the simpler the better. The whole dog collar look or anything with giant stones, just say no. I've gotten on board with the classic thin ribbon around the neck or the delicate chain in silver or gold even layering the looks. Forever 21 has great choices and is still a store I still feel comfortable shopping in. Hence the name right?! I picked up a set similar to this one and anything slightly thicker totally takes me back to my Delias days, circa 96-97 maybe, lol! Way back when ordering through a paper catalog was still a thing!
Puffy vests and outerwear have always been popular for the most part but companies like Northface and Lululemon have made them even more eye catching.

This all black Northface has been on my must have list for awhile, maybe Santa will send one my way!
This vest from Gap and lite puffer are great too!

Now how about footwear? We all know the most realistic shoe for fall/winter are boots! Any length and really any style. My son got a pair of Hunter boots last year for his birthday and I really am impressed with their durability not to mention how they go with just about everything! They have been a saving grace in the rain obviously but also in different terrain. During hunting season, the snow..they are awesome! Which FINALLY pushed me into getting a pair for myself! Well really it was seeing my cousin in her beautiful graphite ones I think that did me in. I battled between color, to go glossy or not and decided on black glossy TALL ones, and I LOVE THEM! 


So many choices! Have fun picking out your favorite fall attire!
All the best, -R


No comments:

Post a Comment